Another Läderach innovation is conquering Switzerland: Läderach Mini Mousses! The refreshing new chocolate kisses with a fine, creamy centre literally melt in the mouth.
Läderach is also irresistible in Japan, as the prize-winning short film Sweet Tokyo shows.
Welcome to Bilten
Opening of chocolate factory on 6 September 2012. Merkur confectioneries are converted into “Läderach – chocolatier suisse”. First openings with the new appearance in the Bern and Baden-Baden train stations and at both locations in Lucerne.
- In May, the ground-breaking ceremony for the construction of our own chocolate factory in Bilten takes place.
- In Nuremberg, another location in Germany is launched.
- In South Korea, a third Läderach shop in Seoul opens its doors.
- In Zermatt, the first Läderach chocolate boutique in Switzerland is opened with an enhanced shop concept.
- Johannes Läderach finishes his Master’s degree at the University of St. Gallen and joins the company in autumn 2011.
Opening of chocolate boutiques in Freiburg, Constance and Munich as well as a second Läderach shop in South Korea.
Design Prize and Expansion of Boutiques
Awarding of the design prize by the Swiss Packaging Industry. Gradual expansion of the network of chocolate boutiques in Switzerland and Germany.
New Brand Image
- New brand launch “Läderach – chocolatier suisse”.
- Opening of the show confectioneries in the Merkur boutiques on Bahnhofstrasse in Zurich and Spitalgasse in Bern.
- Opening of the first Läderach chocolate boutiques in Karlsruhe managed by the subsidiary Merkur Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG.
- Switzerland wins the bronze medal at the independent World Pastry Team Championship in Nashville, USA.
Development and Expansion
- Start-up of the new sales service centre in Bilten, Glarus.
- New management structure and establishment of our own consumer brand at home and abroad as a second mainstay alongside our professional customer channel.
- Elias Läderach completes his training as a confectioner and joins the family company as a product developer.
Acquisition of Merkur
Purchase of Merkur Confiserien AG in Switzerland.
Rudolf Läderach Jr. hands over the company to his son, Jürg Läderach.
First Steps Abroad
- Founding of Confiseur Läderach Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG in Germany.
- Opening of its first own boutique in Glarus.
- First exports abroad.
Rudolf Läderach Jr. invents and patents the revolutionary process to manufacture thin-walled hollow balls for truffles, which makes the professional manufacture of truffles significantly easier and improves their quality.
Chocolatier Rudolf Läderach Jr. founds his company in Glarus.